Question/concern about bsm auditing option on solaris

Matt Goebel goebel at emunix.emich.edu
Fri Mar 4 06:23:32 EST 2005

Hello,

  I downloaded and compiled the Mar 2, 2005 snapshot and compiled it with
bsm auditing for solaris turned on.  I've been noticing about a dozen or
so of the following messages per day now.  Not sure exactly what it is, or
if it is a big issue.

Mar  3 13:46:10 machine_name sshd[15298]: [ID 800047 auth.crit] fatal: mm_request_send: write

  If it matters it is running on solaris 8 sparc, with pretty current
patches applied.

Thanks,
Matt Goebel

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating Furry Fan.