Question/concern about bsm auditing option on solaris

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Mar 5 11:33:06 EST 2005

Matt Goebel wrote:
>   I downloaded and compiled the Mar 2, 2005 snapshot and compiled it with
> bsm auditing for solaris turned on.  I've been noticing about a dozen or
> so of the following messages per day now.  Not sure exactly what it is, or
> if it is a big issue.
>
> [ID 800047 auth.crit] fatal: mm_request_send: write

I think I have figured out the cause of this one: it was trying to catch
the connection close event during the cleanup, but by that time it may be
too late as the monitor may already be shut down.  If the monitor has
already shut down then sending the request will fail causing the error
you're seeing.

Please try the attached patch (which should apply on top of the previous
patch).

I'll attach the patch to bug #125 too.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)