caching

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Thu Mar 10 14:16:04 EST 2005

I'm trying to use ssh's new connection caching facilities from a
wrapper script so that the caching is transparent to the user, i.e. a
socket for each destination is created in the user's ~/.ssh/
directory. For the most part it works well, but I've been having some
trouble.

Firstly, sometimes when I create a slave connection, it hangs when the
connection is created; slightly more often it hangs when I try to log
out.

Secondly, it seems that X11 port forwarding isn't done for slave
connections.

Have other people encountered these issues? If they are actual bugs,
are they being worked on? Does somebody have a wrapper script which
accomplishes the task I'm trying to accomplish (or is support for it
planned to be included in ssh - since it seems like the main reason
one would want caching in the first place)? Thanks,

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/