Solaris 10 support

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Mar 11 09:58:20 EST 2005

Viet Pham wrote:
> Hi Developers,
> This is Viet at Sun Microsystems. Does openssh support Solaris 10
> spacrc, sol 10 x86, and sol 10 x64.

I tried it on Solaris 10 x86 on a test box before the 4.0 release and it
worked.  I don't see why it won't work on the other platforms (SPARC,
x86-64) but I can't try it on either because I don't have access to
hardware capable of running it.

Feel free to try it yourself (the running the regress tests is just a
matter of "make tests").

> If so, could you please point me to
> the link in openssh web site, not sunfreeware.com, that says so and the
> link to download.   I need an official link to declare to Sun that you do
> support sol 10. Thanks.

http://www.openssh.com/portable.html
"Solaris 10" is a subset of "Solaris".

--