Segmentation fault on public key authentification

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Mar 15 23:34:06 EST 2005

Daniel Khan wrote:
> Darren Tucker wrote:
>> One of those updates didn't happen to be an openssl one, did it?
>> Since it's while reading keys that's a good place to start looking.
>
> No - I don't know what I updated but it wasn't OpenSSH.
> A mirror with pretty the "same" configuration works..

No, OpenSSL the library, not OpenSSH.  You may want to compare
/usr/lib/libcrypto* with your working machine.

>> Your best bet is to get a stack trace of sshd using gdb.  To do this,
>> as root (I'm using port 2022 for this example):
>>
> // Here it comes - but it doesn't look to exiting I think:
> Starting program: /usr/sbin/sshd -ddd -p 2022 -o useprivilegeseparation=no
> warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
> GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
> and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
> warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint
[...]
> 0x0000002a9615274d in ?? ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x0000002a9615274d in ?? ()
> #1  0x00000000fbad8000 in ?? ()

Hmm, that's not very helpful.  You can try disabling reexec (add "-r" to
the args gdb passes to sshd) but if the problem is because of the
breakpoint thing gdb is complaining about then it's possible that won't
help either.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.