Segmentation fault in buffer_append_space for AIX 5.3 for openssh-4.0p1

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 23 11:09:43 EST 2005

Rob v.d. Wal wrote:
> For AIX 53 ML01 I'm getting a "Segmentation fault in
> buffer_append_space at line 85 in file buffer.c" in sshd after typing
> my password for a new connection to the AIX 5.3 host. Line 85 is "if
> (buffer->offset == buffer->end) {".

It's not a known problem, and I've not seen it on any other version of AIX
(but I don't have access to 5.3).

It's also an odd place for a segfault.  What compiler are you using?  I've
seen weird segfaults from binaries compiled with the gcc-2.9x IBM used to
ship on the gnu tools cds.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.