Solaris 10 support

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 23 11:20:03 EST 2005

guyverdh at mchsi.com wrote:
> The regression tests fail due to issues with the location of the ssh-rand-helper.
> I ran the install then, and it went fine, and the binary works.

ssh-rand-helper is only needed because /dev/*random on Solaris are
symlinks and OpenSSL opens them with O_NOFOLLOW, which fails.  This is a
bug in OpenSSL which has already been fixed but which has not yet made it
to a release.  (There's a bug report and patch somewhere in OpenSSL's bug
tracker, and it was mentioned a while back here on openssh-unix-dev too).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.