Building openssh4.0p1 on AIX 5.3 with openssl 0.9.7g and tcp_wrapper

Saiyed, Khatir KhatirSaiyed at templeinland.com
Tue May 17 14:31:42 EST 2005

Hi all,

Would appreciate if you can help me resolve this issue.  I'm getting
following error on running configure: The library libcrypto.a is under
"/opt/freeware/lib" and is the only instance of libcrypto.a. And I'm using
IBM AIX C compiler 6.0.

configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see config.log
for details) ***

CONFIGURE

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/ksaiyed/ssh --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-
tcp-wrappers --with-xauth=/usr/bin/X11/xauth
--with-ssl-dir=/opt/freeware/ssl --
with-zlib=/opt/freeware/include --with-libs=-L/opt/freeware/lib

Excerpts from config.log

+14369  configure:13739: cc -o conftest -g -I/opt/freeware/ssl
-I/opt/freeware/i
nclude  -L/opt/freeware/ssl -L/opt/freeware/include  conftest.c -lcrypto -lz
-L
/opt/freeware/lib >&5
+14370  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .RAND_add
+14371  ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
inform
ation.
+14372  configure:13745: $? = 8
+14373  configure: failed program was:

+14532  | char RAND_add ();
+14533  | int
+14534  | main ()
+14535  | {
+14536  | RAND_add ();
+14537  |   ;
+14538  |   return 0;
+14539  | }
+14540  configure:13798: cc -o conftest -g -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-I/opt/freew
are/include  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/opt/freeware/include  conftest.c
-lcrypto -
lz  -L/opt/freeware/lib >&5
+14541  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .RAND_add
ation.  ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
inform
+14543  configure:13804: $? = 8
+14544  configure: failed program was:
+14545  | /* confdefs.h.  */

+14703  | char RAND_add ();
+14704  | int
+14705  | main ()
+14706  | {
+14707  | RAND_add ();
+14708  |   ;
+14709  |   return 0;
+14710  | }
+14711  configure:13828: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see
con
fig.log for details) ***

Thanks for your time and efforts.
Khatir Saiyed
Temple-Inland Corporate Services
UNIX Administration
khatirsaiyed at templeinland.com
(512) 434-8055

**********    Confidentiality Notice    **********
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure
under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the
intended recipient, or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering
the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic
transmission, including all attachments from your system.