KerberosGetAFSToken drives me crazy

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 06:46:18 EST 2005

The other approach is to not have any direct Kerberos or AFS support at all in ssh
or sshd. But rather use the GSSAPI and PAM with sshd to get AFS tokens
from the forwarded GSSAPI credentials i.e. forwarded K5 tickets. This then
avoids problems if the vendor did not compile in the options you wanted
or use the Kerberos distributions you wanted.

We use the vendor's pam_krb5 if possible for the keyboard interactive,
and a pam_afs2 for the kewyboard interactive, and gssapi session. pam_afs2
will get an AFS PAG and call your favoriate aklog to get a token.

Drop me a note if you would like more information.