Error when cross configuring openssh 4.2p1

openssh at baker-net.org.uk openssh at baker-net.org.uk
Wed Oct 12 07:41:33 EST 2005

I see that lots of improvements have happened in cross configure support
compared to version 3.8p1 but a couple of problems remain

1) The check that openpty does not reacquire controlling terminal (line 1326
in configure.ac)  does not have a default value - I ran the test on my target
and checked it was OK but I'm not sure what is the best default for others.

2) The etc_default_login check at line 2973 in configure.ac attempts to define
a default behaviour but configure still fails unless you specify
--disable-etc-default-login

I suspect at least the former is dependent on what target you are building
for, I'm building on a Suse 9.3 system for a armv5b-softfloat-linux target.