KeepAlive/ClientAliveInterval not working? Idle timeout.

Fri Oct 21 06:06:43 EST 2005

I have set /etc/ssh/sshd_config with:
    KeepAlive yes
    ClientAliveInterval 3

However, no KeepAlive type messages seem to be sent.  I've verified this
by looking at the network lights, which don't flicker every 3 seconds.

I am attempting to keep interactive ssh sessions alive longer.   If
don't type anything for about 2 minutes, the sessions close.  If I run a
"idle" script (which just prints to the screen every 30 seconds) the
sessions stay open.  Sessions to a different host stay open, so I don't
think it is a client problem.

  My client is ttsh on Windows 2000
  My server is OpenSSH 3.1p1 (from RedHat)
  My host is RedHat Linux

Is this a bug?  Does anyone have advice on keeping interactive terminal
ssh sessions from timing out?

I have reviewed past posts to this list without luck.  This message
about sshd timeouts was the closest topic:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=103077014128847&w=2