(4.2p1) Missing -R<path_to_libedit>/lib

Norihiko Murase skeleten at shillest.net
Fri Sep 2 23:38:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I tried building the version 4.2p1 on the FreeBSD box.

Even if I executed the configure script with
    --with-rpath
and
    --with-libedit=/path/to/libedit
the -R options for libedit are NOT added in linking although
that for zlib and OpenSSL are correctly done.

This problem can be easily avoided by editing
openssh-4.2p1/Makefile after executing the configure script.
This means that you should add -R<path_to_libedit>/lib to
LDFLAGS.

I attach the patch configure.ac.diff, which does the
following:
    * replace -I$withval/include with -I${withval}/include
    * improve the output of "% ./configure --help"
as well as does fix the problem mentioned above.

penitence: I should have checked the daily snapshot in this
           point before 4.2p1 was released......  (;_;)

good news: Now, the libedit distributed at
               http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/
           can be built also on the FreeBSD-4.x system! (^_^)/

Thanks,
---
Norihiko Murase
  The University of Aizu