multiple Host entries in ssh_config

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 28 17:37:49 EST 2005

Vincent.McIntyre at csiro.au wrote:
>> Yes, the config keywords are first-match.  Why?  Dunno, but it's been
>> that way for a long time.
>
> to clarify, you're saying keywords are first-match-wins-all ?

I don't see a difference between that and "first match".

Do you mean that, given the following config:

Host foo
	HostKeyAlias bar

Host *
	CheckHostIP no

what options are active for "ssh foo" ?  In this example, both the
HostKeyAlias and CheckHostIP would apply to "ssh foo".

[...]
> Attached is a suggested patch to ssh_config.5 for the 4.2 release that
> I think would help the next person with this problem.
> Should I open a bug, or is posting here enough?

Posting here is usually enough for small things like this (provided we
don't get sidetracked :-).

Anything where there's significant context (logs, traces, work history)
is better in bugzilla.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.