problem specifying port to ssh

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Apr 7 11:06:27 EST 2006

Don Cohen wrote:
[...]
>  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1750 Sep  8  2005 /etc/nsswitch.conf
>
> Never the less, switching these two files does seem to solve the
> problem.  The man page is not very clear on what all this means.
> Here are the differences - is what works, + is what doesn't.

If you were so inclined you could write a little program to call
getaddrinfo directly to experiment with it; I suspect you would see the
same errors.

[...]
> You mean I can somehow arrange that
>  ssh -p 22 isis.cs3-inc.com
> and ssh -p 2222 isis.cs3-inc.com
> resolve to different IP addresses?  How?

The getaddrinfo interface seems to allow it although I've never seen it
done.  I would guess that you would need to write your own nss module.

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)