segfaulting on x86_64 for latest version

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 11 08:11:18 EST 2006

Dan Yefimov wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
>> But when I try to connect to it, the connection is immidiately closed
>> and I get in the dmesg the following
>>
>> sshd[5246]: segfault at 00002aaaaabbfe40 rip 00002aaaaaab0bf3 rsp 00007fffffef54d0 error 7
[...]
>>From ldd output and kernel error line you provided I suspect a bug in your
> glibc, namely in dynamic loader /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2. OpenSSH 3.9p1 is
> fine with it, while later releases somehow provoke that bug.

For the record, after some off-list traffic this turned out to be the
case: it's another instance of the glibc-namelookup-in-chroot crash.
Creating a lib directory inside the chroot (or in the case "lib64"
worked around the problem).

The underlying bug in glibc has apparently been fixed at some point.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.