[schulz at adi.com: 0.9.8a: DSA_generate_parameters & RSA_generate_key not in libcrypto]

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Thu Apr 13 08:00:43 EST 2006

Forwarded to respective mailing lists

Regards,
	Lutz
----- Forwarded message from Thomas Schulz <schulz at adi.com> -----

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:42:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thomas Schulz <schulz at adi.com>
To: openssl-bugs at openssl.org
Subject: 0.9.8a: DSA_generate_parameters & RSA_generate_key not in libcrypto

I am not sure if this is a bug or something that was never defined to work.
I tried to build openssh-4.3p2 against openssl-0.9.8a.  It died with
DSA_generate_parameters and RSA_generate_key as undefined symbols.
I tried again using openssl-0.9.7i and openssh-4.3p2 built without any
problem.  The exact error is as follows:

cc -o ssh ssh.o readconf.o clientloop.o sshtty.o  sshconnect.o sshconnect1.o sshconnect2.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -L/opt/local/lib -R/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -R/opt/local/lib -lssh -lopenbsd-compat -lresolv -lcrypto -lrt -lz -lsocket -lnsl
DSA_generate_parameters             ./libssh.a(key.o)
RSA_generate_key                    ./libssh.a(key.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ssh
*** Error code 1

Tom schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/