feature rq: default command

Alan Jenkins aj504 at student.cs.york.ac.uk
Sat Apr 22 01:27:07 EST 2006

[not subscribed; please CC me]

The OpenSSH client has several configuration options for convenience,
allowing aliases to be specified for long hostnames and default
usernames for different hosts.  I'd like to have a configuration option
added to allow a default command to be specified.  This would be
useful  where changing your shell on the remote host is not practical.
My main reason for this is in order to use "screen" without having to
keep typing it each time I log in.

I can write the code but I thought it best to ask for opinions first.
I'm not familiar with the codebase, but I would guess it to be a simple
copy+paste job due to its similarity to the User configuration option.

Thanks, Alan