Question about .... password has expired

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Wed Aug 9 11:18:49 EST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 09:46:09AM -0400, Uzcategui Ignacio Luis wrote:
> I have a question.
>
> I got this messages in my Solaris 8 Sun Fire V880 Unix Server.
>
> messages:Jul 28 10:28:18 cnt-sun-v880 sshd[353]: [ID 800047
> auth.info] User root password has expired (password aged)
>
> I has happened twice, since this software was installed.
>
> Any help, to solve this problem

What is the problem exactly? There is no question in your mail.

I hate to state the obvious: The message is generated by sshd because
the root password has expired ie. not been changed within the time
limit specified in the system policy set by the system administrator.

Also, if this is Sun's sshd (as opposed to portable OpenSSH) your
problem (whatever it is) should be reported to Sun instead.

//Peter