too many close calls for non-opened fds

Logu logsnaath at gmx.net
Thu Aug 17 22:19:36 EST 2006

>> <markus.r.friedl at arcor.de> wrote:
>>
>> > if a file is opened and the resource limit is decreased,
>> > then looping to the resource limit will miss some open files.
>>
>> Does any UNIX variant have a "close all my open fds except for these"
>
> openbsd has closefrom(2), and openssh tries to emulate this
> syscall if it's not available.

I thought this issue occurs from openssh-3.9 because of introduction of
re-exec feature.
I tried by disabling the re-exec feature and still I see a large number of
close() calls during connection.
Is there any other possible reason for the issue.

If this has been done for re-exec can we just fix for the re-exec disabled
case. Is there any issue with this.

Thanks
-logu