OpenSSH survey results

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Aug 23 21:09:26 EST 2006

Hi all.

For those that didn't know it, the OpenSSH portable team has been
collecting survey data about the platforms that it runs and the options
that it is built with.  Partitipation is entirely voluntary and is as
simple as running "make send-survey" after building (see the INSTALL
file for details and caveats).  I've used the data to answer a couple
of questions on this list recently.

(If you didn't know this and want to participate then go do it now, we'll
wait :-)

In INSTALL we said that we may publish summary data.  We haven't to date,
but since I extracted some to satisfy my own curiousity I thought I'd
share it with the list.  It's skewed towards the systems that we have
access to (there's no reports from IRIX or Tru64, for example).

94 total reports

breakdown by operating system (uname)
29.8    Linux
25.5    SunOS