HPN patch for OpenSSH 4.3 released

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Thu Feb 2 06:38:26 EST 2006

http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh

There have been some changes to the command line switches which are
detailed on the website. This is more of a stop gap release than
anything else. This is still in the HPN-11 cycle of patches. We hope to
have an update to HPN-12 out sometime in March (when I can get some
freetime). This will conform more closely to the OpenSSH nomenclature
and argument structure.

Basic functionality has been tested. We're still getting a 20x to 30x
performance improvement for bulk data transfer on paths with high BDP. I
don't think we've broken any of the new functionality but if someone
does find a problem please let me know ASAP.

Also, if anyone here is using the GSI patch (Grid Security
Infrastructure) a new version has been released from NCSA which
incorporates the HPN patch.

http://www.cmu.edu/PR/releases06/060125_gsi.html and
http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ssh/

Thanks!