OpenSSH_4.3p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005 on solaris 8/9

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 08:31:51 EST 2006

On Feb  2 13:40, Fischer, Bill wrote:
> I'll confirm that finding on Solaris 8 for sparc.
>
> It seems to provide the logout time correctly, if that's of any help.
>
> user      pts/1                         Wed Dec 31 19:00 - 14:36
> (13181+19:

I can confirm the same problem on Cygwin.  I reran configure from scratch
and found the following strange log entries:

  checking for ut_host field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_host field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for syslen field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_pid field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_type field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_type field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_tv field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_id field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_id field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_addr field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_addr field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_addr_v6 field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_addr_v6 field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_exit field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_time field in utmp.h... no
  checking for ut_time field in utmpx.h... no
  checking for ut_tv field in utmpx.h... no

Nearly all of these fields are actually present in the affected
structures utmp and utmpx.  This looks like a bug in the
OSSH_CHECK_HEADER_FOR_FIELD routine to me.  The problem was not
present in the 4.2p1 configury.

However, this is just a heads up.  I have no patch so far.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader