OpenSSH_4.3p1 configure patch

Fischer, Bill Bill.Fischer at qwest.com
Sat Feb 4 09:52:41 EST 2006

I'm still having configure/wtmp troubles with 4.3p1 on Solaris 8 for
Sparc.

I add the patch to a clean source directory:

$ gpatch -p1 < 4.3p1-configure.patch
patching file configure
patching file configure.ac

And then I ran configure, which included the following in it's output:

configure: WARNING: lastlog.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: lastlog.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: lastlog.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: lastlog.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: lastlog.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: lastlog.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------
##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
##
configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------
##
.
.
.
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: net/if.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: net/if.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------
##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
##
configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------
##
.
.
.
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h:     check for missing
prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h:     section "Present But Cannot
Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: netinet/in_systm.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
##
##

.. and when I run it, it is  still recording the login time incorrectly.
Any suggestions are welcome.

-Bill.