OpenSSH_4.3p1 configure patch

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Feb 6 11:30:34 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > In this case, anyone who tested a snapshot from Jan 1st onwards would
> > have been able to see the bug. Unfortunately our regress tests don't test
> > for the problems that this bug caused, and I (incorrectly) assumed that
> > the snapshots were receiving wider testing.
>
> Honestly, you can't expect that every snapshot is tested just so,
> without further announcement.

It would be excessive to expect anyone to test every snapshot, but I
would hope that active distributors of OpenSSH test at least one
snapshot per month.

We don't operate a branched development model - CVS HEAD is supposed to
always be stable enough to release. This means that people on this list
should be able to stay up with -current (*) on non-production hosts (e.g.
workstations) and not expect breakage.

-d

(*) yes, I know that not having a working anoncvs repository makes this
difficult at present. We'll fix this soon.