OpenSSH_4.3p1 configure patch

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 22:02:43 EST 2006

On Feb  4 18:20, Tim Rice wrote:
> Please do test the next snapshot. I've just commited a couple of changes
> to congigure.ac.

Your patches to configure.ac seem to work fine on Cygwin.

However, I seem to have found a generic bug in sshd.

Since I was closer inspecting what happens with utmp and wtmp entries, I
found to my surprise, that login records were added to utmp/wtmp, but
logout records were not.

I debugged an sshd child and found this:

  - On logging out from an interactive session, EOF is encountered and
    down from do_authenticated, session_close_by_pid is called.

  - session_by_pid returns the correct Session pointer.

  - s->chanid is != -1, ==> session_exit_message is called.

  - session_exit_message sets s->pid = 0 and returns to session_close_by_pid.

  - s->ttyfd != -1, ==> session_pty_cleanup is called.

  - session_pty_cleanup calls session_pty_cleanup2.

  - In session_pty_cleanup2, record_logout is only called if s->pid != 0.

Do I miss something or is it somehow impossible to get a logout record
this way?!?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen