Announce: OpenSSH 4.3p2 released

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Feb 12 09:14:44 EST 2006

> Is there a reason why the patch to auth2.c is missing in 4.3p2, which
> avoids double login syslogging, as discussed at length in
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=113925054523165&w=2

Yes, we need to think about it some more - auth_log has effects beyond
just logging. We don't like doing extra portable releases, and wanted
to keep this as minimal as possible. That means fixing things that are
truly broken, not merely annoying.

> Is there any chance for a 4.3p3?

Very little. But if we fix it in HEAD now then we can have something for
our next release in a couple of months time.

-d