Status of Bugzilla #1153

Corey Smith corsmith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 01:47:50 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Simon Vallet <svallet at genoscope.cns.fr> wrote:
> Once on the gateway, if an external user wants to get an X11 client
> running on an internal machine in an automated way (i.e. without
> connectiong to the target machine and manually set DISPLAY), it will
> use the value of DISPLAY set by OpenSSH, which uses the unqualified
> hostname. When qualifying this hostname, X11 will use the default
> domain, which is the one from the internal network.

Instead of forwarding your X sessions plaintext through the internal
network couldn't you just ssh into the internal machine with X
forwarding on as well?  I assume the problem is with exporting your
DISPLAY from the internal machine to the value obtained when X11
forwarding occurs on the ssh server?

-Corey Smith