Automatic blacklist of IP-addresses.

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sat Jan 7 03:53:06 EST 2006

* Peter Stuge <stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org> schrieb:

<snip>

> This has been suggested before, but rejected.
>
> The recommended way to implement this is to monitor log output from
> OpenSSH and make appropriate changes to the firewall settings.

hmm. how could this be implemented ?
We need a way to get the failed attemts to some other process.
Some external event handler, which gets called on all noticable
events with appropriate parameters, could help.

ie. for login fail:

    $HANDLER login-failed <username> <ip> <auth-method> ...

succed login

    $HANDLER login-granted <username> <ip> <auth-method> <tty>

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481