sftp performance problem, cured by TCP_NODELAY

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Sat Jan 28 06:44:17 EST 2006

 > Also, I forgot, if you ever end up using
> multiple channels in SSH (it is multiplexed after all) I think you can
> only use Nagle on a per connection (not per channel) basis.

That is correct - TCP_NODELAY is for the "whole" TCP connection, not slices of
it created by anything above it.

> That is what SFTP is doing isn't it? A data channel and control channel in
> the same connection?

That could be fun...  if the sftp control vs data traffic mimmics that of FTP
I'd think there wouldn't be all that much interleave though.

rick jones
still seeking cycles to look at traces :(