Solaris 8 x86 rsa pubkey auth problem

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Thu May 4 20:31:42 EST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:40:06PM +0400, Mikhail Manuylov wrote:
> 1) I can't find where in ssh(1) this feature is mentioned.

Look under FILES.

> 2) Is there method to check if particular public key is from one
> pair with user (-i option) supplied private key.

Not without decrypting the private key, which requires the user to
type the passphrase.

> Cause 100% guessing <private_key_filename>.pub for corresponding
> pubkey file is somewhat naive.

The server decides if the chosen privat key authenticates the user.

The user (or administrator) controls filenames.

ssh can't do much to change either..

> BTW, please CC me, cause I'm not subscribed to the list.

Sorry, didn't know that - otherwise I would've done so before too.

//Peter