Problems with input and AIX

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Sat May 6 09:10:25 EST 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 01:26:48PM -0500, Jason.C.Burns at wellsfargo.com wrote:
> This then creates the problem that ls is smart enough to erase
> these characters when printing to the terminal, thus making users
> think they have a file with no filename in their current dir!

I think ls just prints the filename, with DEL characters and all.

> I figured I'd ping the list first though, to see if anyone else has
> seen this problem, or might have a better idea then writing another
> function to replace the fgets calls.

I believe this is a problem with the termcap or terminfo database on
the server - the server doesn't recognize the user's terminal type
and/or the terminal emulator is configured incorrectly.

One of the many things defined in the database is the erase
character, if this is incorrect what you describe will happen.
Try Ctrl-Backspace in the client, does that give different results?

//Peter