Problems with proxy connections

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Tue May 16 05:48:02 EST 2006

Could someone explain to me how the proxy command regression test works?
I'm having a problem as it relates to the HPN patch and could use a
little insight into what is happening in the proxy connections.

The back story is that the HPN patch was failing the regression tests
when it his the proxy connections. It would just hang because the tcp
window size that we get when a channel is created was returning 0. That
set the internal receive buffer to 0 which just hung up everything.

I was able to get around the problem by explicitly testing to see if the
connection was on a socket with packet_connection_is_on_socket. If its
false then I return an arbitrary value (in this case 128k). Otherwise I
return the window size. I don't like this solution though because, even
though I know it works, I don't know enough to know if its working in
the right way.

So the question is, what is this connection type and are there any
thoughts on what the correct value would be to return?