scp patch to delete source files after copy

adam at skullslayer.rod.org adam at skullslayer.rod.org
Tue May 16 18:22:49 EST 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 07:02:04PM +1000, adam at skullslayer.rod.org wrote:

> I have attached a patch below, which adds the -u option to
> delete the source file after copying, provided there were no
> errors. I would appreciate any feedback on this patch, with
> an aim to seeing it included in future releases.

After thinking more about my patch, I have decided that this is
not the best way to go about it. The commercial scp client is
able to delete files on an openssh server, so obviously relying
on the -u support on the server end is not correct. I will think
about how to do it, then submit a new patch.

    Adam