Debug Level 3 Error

Bertrand, Chris J (UK) Chris.Bertrand at baesystems.com
Thu Nov 9 21:25:14 EST 2006

Hi there,
First can I say what a great job you guys are doing!

The problem I have is when I run up sshd under debug, I get the
following output :

% sshd -ddd
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_3.4p1
debug1: private host key: #0 type 0 RSA1
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 1 RSA
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 2 DSA
debug1: setgroups() failed: Function not implemented
debug1: Bind to port 22 on x.x.x.x.
Server listening on x.x.x.x port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.

So it seems to me that it is doing the majority of what it should - but
when I go onto out client machine (Fedora Core 5)
and try "ssh -l admin <host>, it doesn't except the password.  The
server is Linux Kernal 2.6.

Hope I have provided sufficient info!  Let me know if you need any more
to help me solve this one.

Many thanks,
Chris Bertrand
Software Engineer
Christchurch
Bae Systems Integrated Systems Technologies (Insyte)
Xchrch (gnet 615) 4204
(01202) 404204