Client options to server

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Nov 12 20:23:17 EST 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 09:35:38AM +0100, Vincenzo Sciarra wrote:
> I'm using openssh 4.4
>
> I'm trying to develop a new SSH appliance, but I need some parameters
> from client.
>
> In client I setup new record in the structure options that I think are
> passed to server.
> Where is the structure of the server where stored client options?

There's no C-level structure that's passed directly from client to
server.  You will need to fit the data that you want to pass into the
protocol somewhere, and exactly where will depend on what you're trying
to pass.

Do you need the parameters pre-authentication?  In that case you might
want to create a custom auth method.  Is the parameter data keyword-value
pairs?  You might be able to pass the parameters in environment variable
requests.  Otherwise, you might need a custom channel request type.
It depends on exactly what you're trying to do.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.