tunneling through stdin/stdout, source routing

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Nov 14 18:13:45 EST 2006

Simon Richter wrote:
> to connect to another host behind a firewall, and I also have a lot of
> these commands in my ssh config file. Since this relies on the server
> having netcat available (which a lot don't, or in some really old
> version that will not shut down properly) it breaks often,

When I was doing that it I would always find that it left a lot of
netcat processes hanging around that did not terminate appropriately.
I assume that is your problem too?  Instead let me recommend the
'connect' code.

  http://www.imasy.or.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.html

Having switched to connect I stopped having problems such as
described.  It was the difference between night and day.

Bob