memory leak problem using openssh 3.4p1-263 ons Suse (SLES 8)

jerome michot jerome.michot at jrc.nl
Wed Nov 29 01:19:06 EST 2006

Hello,

Whenever copying files using ssh (scp) from SLES 8 (openssh 3.4p1-263) to another box (e.g SLES 8, Solaris 8, Windows XP), the memory of the initial SLES 8 box gets depleted. To make sure this is true I use the free command whilst copying and see that the used memory reaches 90 / 100%. After the copying is finished this memory is never released. No memory tool can tell me what happened to it… Does anyone have an idea?

Kind regards, / Met vriendelijke groet,

Jérôme Michot

JRC - European Commission

P.O. Box 2