Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input. - Solaris 8 64-bit SPARC OpenSSH 4.4p1

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Tue Oct 24 06:22:47 EST 2006

More than likely this is due to a layer 1 problem somewhere along the
path. I saw this happen with some of the older intel pro e1000 cards but
I've also seen it happen with bad cables and flaky drivers (esp when
using some sort of offloading). A straight forward tcp transfer will
recovery from some intermittent hardware faults by just retransmitting
but MAC will, for obvious reasons, fail in these same conditions.

You can try to isolate problem by varying path components.

Good luck