Testing for the 4.4p1 release

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Sep 11 16:16:24 EST 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Darren Tucker wrote:
>> On RHL73 with gcc 2.96, 'make tests' doesn't finish and appears to get
>> stuck (strace shows the process is in wait()).  There were a number of
>> compilation warnings.  The ones coming from ciphers and macs appear to
>> be old, but these are new and at least implicit decls should be easily
>> fixable:
>>
>> warning: __nonnull__' attribute directive ignored (50+ times)
>
> We could do something like the patch below.

I retried with the latest snapshot and the patch.

The patch doesn't work, it results in a a compilation error:

In file included from bsd-misc.c:31:
../xmalloc.h:26: parse error before ('

>> uidswap.c: In function Permanently_drop_suid':
>> uidswap.c:142: warning: implicit declaration of function Setresuid'
>> uidswap.c: In function Permanently_set_uid':
>> uidswap.c:224: warning: implicit declaration of function Setresgid'
>
> Last time I looked, setresuid and setresgid were not defined in any system
> header on old Linuxes.

True, I don't see them myself either..

> These have been fixed by including string.h.

cipher-aes.c also seems to need it, or some other relevant .h include,
as it complains about memcpy and memset.

> [...]
>> from 127.0.0.1 port 44319 (t4 r26 i0/0 o0/0 fd 27/27 cfd -1)
>> [[ almost 10 minute timeout ]]
>> ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>> cmp: EOF on /home/pekkas/op/openssh/regress/ls.copy
>> corrupted copy of /bin/ls
>> bind: Address already in use
>> [[ about 5 minute timeout ]]
>
> Now this I'm not sure about.