scp files with ':' in filename

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:28:25 EST 2006

greetings,

would it be a good idea to include within the scp man pages, how one would
use scp to copy files which have the ' : ' character in the filename?
a friend struggled a little trying to do this, discovered the answer on
google, i thought it might be usefull to have in the man pages too.
the solution was to use the files' full path so that scp recognised it as a
file.
please cc me on any replys as im not subcribed to the list.
thanks.

--
Hiren Patel

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral?  It is because
we
are not the person involved.
-- Mark Twain