OpenSSH 4.4p1 under Mac OS X 10.3.9

Marius Schamschula marius173 at mchsi.com
Fri Sep 29 12:20:23 EST 2006

Hi there,

I've run into a strange problem. I have just finished building
OpenSSH 4.4p1 against openssl 0.9.8d under Mac OS X 10.3.9 and
10.4.7. Both were installed as updates to OpenSSH 4.3p2/openssl
0.9.8c (not Apple's obsolete versions which are bypassed). The 10.4.7
build works as expected, whereas the 10.3.9 build throws

Disconnecting: Bad packet length 2477450673.

when I try to connect to the machine. I googled this and found that
this may be a protocol mismatch (unlikely, since 4.3p2 should have
shown the same problem), but also saw a mention of a compile problem.

I downgraded to the previous version and can again connect to the
machine. This does not fix the security problems, however.

Any ideas?

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula                               Webmaster

         The Huntsville Macintosh Users Group
                     www.hmug.org

webmaster at hmug dot org    marius at schamschula dot com