HiddenStore option may be useful

Thomas Blank thomas at ohzone.de
Tue Apr 17 15:11:17 EST 2007

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

 > I think the suggestion was that "HiddenStore" would be an option on
 > the server.  That way it could be controlled centrally without asking
 > the clients to change their habits.

That's it - I not have control over the clients.

Damien Miller wrote:

 > Do you think that getting a new option into sftp, and somehow getting
 > all your clients (who you don't control) to upgrade to a version that
 > supports it will be easy?

If I have to upgrade the clients (which I don't control) it will be hard
work.
But saving the contents to a temporary filename and renaming at the end
is a completely transparent way to the clients. They do not recognize it
(exactly like David Leonard's firefox download).

If a would have control over the clients, you can be sure, I would
implement it somehow like