scp -t - revisited

Larry Becke guyverdh at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:58:15 EST 2007

Thanks to J.P. I now have a better understanding of how scp really works.

I haven't uncovered any dark secrets, or unintended capabilities, I just prevented scp from sending the proper commands via ssh to the remote server.

In essence, I gave scp a lobotomy or short-circuit.

Either way, it's useful and gives me the desired effect.

I don't know if anyone else would find this useful or not, but if you'd like the specifics, I can share them.