Request for LPK patch to be merged

Rob Holland rob at inversepath.com
Mon Dec 10 21:33:01 EST 2007

On 7 Dec 2007, at 11:58, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I sent this message a few weeks ago and so far have not had any
> reply. Is
> there another procedure for requesting such changes?

I am one of the maintainers of the patch. The current release is not
suitable for merging as it is too invasive. We are working on writing
a cleaner version, and I have emailed enabling patches to the list
before, but it seems of limited interested to the OpenSSH developers.
Our attempts to take small easily reviewable steps on our way to a
cleaner implementation have been met with, well, no reaction what so
ever :/

See: http://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=114785024604825&w=2 and
more recently: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.openssh.devel/
13942

The latter bug is now four months old, no reply yet.

So, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Rob Holland <rob at inversepath.com>
http://www.inversepath.com - Chief R & D Engineer

Inverse Path Ltd, 63 Park Road, Peterborough, PE1 2TN, UK
Registered in England: 5555973