MAX_SESSIONS Increase Impact

Shively, Gregory gregory_shively at fanniemae.com
Tue Dec 11 06:48:56 EST 2007

Thanks Damien,

I agree. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and increase the value
to 128 for the developers that I'm supporting. I have noticed that the
cvs repository had changed the fatal() to error() in the clientloop.c.
But I did notice something during my testing and have opened a bugzilla
ticket - if the limit of filehandles is reached during the allocation of
stdin/stdout/stderr from the recvmsg(), the return leaves the client_fd
open (which is no longer accessible) and leaves the "slave" ssh process
in a blocking state. I've attach a simple addition of a close() which
will allow the slave ssh process to exit instead of block. I didn't know
if there was a better method in the code to do that. The bugzilla ticket
is 1398.

Greg Shively