"Out of memory" error looking up SSHFP records

Simon Vallet svallet at genoscope.cns.fr
Fri Feb 9 21:03:49 EST 2007

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:40:34 +1100
Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au> wrote:

> A brief look at the code shows that error as occurring when
> getrrsetbyname fails.  Does Tru64 have its own or is it using the one in
> openbsd-compat?  (grep GETRRSET config.h)

It seems it is using the bundled one:
$ grep GETRRSET config.h
/* #undef HAVE_GETRRSETBYNAME */
$

> Also, are ERRSET_SUCCESS and/or ERRSET_NOMEMORY defined in the system
> headers?

It doesn't seem so.

Both the query and reply can be seen on the wire ; tracing the client
doesn't reveal much more info : it fails after a successful recvfrom
(the call to res_query() i guess).

So it seems an alloc is failing somewhere... I'll try to confirm this
and get back to you.

Simon