sftp logging

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Feb 19 20:59:48 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 10:43:33AM +0100, Michael Prochaska wrote:
> Darren Tucker schrieb:
[...]
> > Stop using options for a piece of software other that what you're using.
> > OpenSSH doesn't support a "LogSftp" option, logging is controlled entirely
> > via the options to sftp-server.
>
> i used a config file which was maintained by sunfreeware.org with this
> package.  therefore i used this options.

I suspect that they used to apply the sftp logging patch and failed to
update their config files when they dropped it in favour of the native
logging support.  You would have to ask them.

Anyway, both I and the software itself are telling you that it's
not supported, so you might want to try removing it from the config.
OpenSSH's sftp logging support is enabled entirely by the options to
sftp-server (see the sftp-server(8) man page for details).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.