What would cause keyboard-interactive packet connection close

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue Feb 27 13:33:54 EST 2007

Hi,

	I've got a remote system that was down and came back up. I'm
trying to get into the system, but when I do I get timed out. I
forced it to a keyboard interactive to speed things up:

ssh -o PreferredAuthentications=keyboard-interactive -vvv tuc at 10.2.0.2

	but I get :

debug1: waiting for SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: done: ssh_kex2.
debug1: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST
debug1: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug1: got SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
Connection closed by 10.2.0.2
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x804c158(0x0)

	What would make it close at that point?

			Thanks, Tuc