proposal: new DisableBanner client side option

Jan Pechanec Jan.Pechanec at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 19 11:02:35 EST 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Martin Schröder wrote:

>2007/1/18, Jan Pechanec <Jan.Pechanec at sun.com>:
>>         I know that, my note about '-q' option was probably an overly subtle
>> attempt to say that some customers really want to hush banner but they do
>> want to see other warnings at the same time. So, using '-q' is not an
>> solution for them.
>
>Have these "customers" supported OpenSSH in any way?
>
>http://www.openssh.com/donations.html

	not sure about that. I did.

	Martin, I don't think it matters here, they want it in SunSSH, we
think it's reasonable and we developers just wanted to make sure we had the
same interface in case OpenSSH team liked the idea. Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec