proposal: new DisableBanner client side option

Jan Pechanec Jan.Pechanec at Sun.COM
Sat Jan 20 00:53:15 EST 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Markus Friedl wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:33:00PM +0100, Jan Pechanec wrote:
>> 	I know that, my note about '-q' option was probably an overly subtle
>> attempt to say that some customers really want to hush banner but they do
>> want to see other warnings at the same time. So, using '-q' is not an
>> solution for them.
>
>LogLevel=ERROR
>
>suppresses banners and keeps other warnings. otherwise you have

	yes, but logit() uses default INFO level and still is used for
warnings sometimes. To change level of some mesages seems more confusing
for me that adding an option for a special case of banner message. Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec